Stanford Wind Symphony is inviting auditions
- Call for Abstract Submission for Postdoc Symposium 2024
- Call for Co-Chairs for SURPAS Committees
- Call for Additional Co-Chairs and Volunteers for the PostDoc Symposium 2024 Organizing Committee
- Coming soon: Stanford Postdoc Symposium 2024
- Call for Nominations: SURPAS Representatives at the Faculty Senate Meetings 2023
September 14, 2022
The Stanford Wind Symphony is a performing student organization that welcomes alumni, post-docs, and community members to perform wind ensemble literature over four concerts each year.
We welcome members to try out by signing up for auditions at the link here: https://windsymphony.stanford.edu/audition.
Winds (from piccolo to tuba), percussion, and string bassists are welcome to audition, which will be held Sept 24-28. Pianists and harpists are also welcome to consult our director, Prof. Giancarlo Aquilanti (email@example.com), to express interest.
The symphony performs a diverse repertoire spanning the varied history of the wind ensemble, hosts guest artists and conductors, and has performed on international tours (most recently in 2018 to Spain, Italy, and Germany). You can reach out to the graduate student liaison Thomas Colburn for more questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to Prof. Aquilanti at email@example.com.