Family committee meeting
February 17, 2022
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
The family committee is meeting on Thursday, February 17th.
In this meeting we will be:
- recapping advocacy meeting with admins regarding financial support for postdoc with dependents
- planning a skating event at Winter Lodge for March
- planning a family-friendly hiking event at Deer Hollow or Hidden Villa
- discussing funding opportunities for recurrent events
- updating on SURPAS’s advocacy efforts
- discussing family committee’s advocacy goals
Events: We are looking for volunteers to help out with our upcoming skating event at Winter Lodge:
- coordinating food delivery and set up
- distribute tickets to guests
- clean up
We are looking for volunteers to help with researching and identifying the financial challenges that are specific to postdoc with dependents by:
- look into public databases on what is the market rate for rent, daycare, and food in areas surrounding Stanford
- collect personal spending information from postdocs with dependents
- collect information on food stamp usage
This information will help us motivate changes that would address the struggles faced by postdoc families.
When: Thursday, February 17th 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.
Since this is happening during lunch time, we can reimburse up to $15 for your food if you stay for at least 30 min (half) of the meeting! We look forward to seeing you!
SURPAS Family committee